RIB Americas is seeking a Database Developer who will actively work with the international development centers designing, developing, and maintaining the databases driving the next generation software for the construction industry. The successful candidate will provide technical database leadership as the database expert for technology challenges.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provides support with requirements analysis, research, design, development, testing, and implementation of database systems
- Comfortable taking ownership of major system components and providing technical leadership to others.
- Designs, develops, and automates SQL Server databases, supports data staging, extraction, transformation, data scrubbing, and loading.
- Performs system analysis to recognize performance and scalability issues and tune the system for optimum performance.
- Develops unit and system test cases and carries out execution of all test cases.
- Writes complete and accurate technical documentation for scripts and software.
- Analyzes project requirements, performs research and estimates timeframe and cost.
- Works closely with product or project manager during design phase to ensure software goals and deadlines are being met.
- Documents work product, manages scope and identifies changes beyond original scope.
- Participates in and directs software installations as necessary. Provides ongoing support as needed.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field)
- 5 or more years experience, to include Database Analysis, Data Architecture, Data Mining, or similar.
- 3 or more SQL database development experience using T-SQL, creating stored procedures, functions, jobs, queries, triggers, cursors.
- 2+ years experience with PowerBI, PowerBI Premium / SSRS, Tableau, or SSIS and reporting tools
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft C#/ASP.NET MVC or WebAPI desired but not required – a plus.
- Experience with building cloud-ready application architectures desired but not required – a plus.
- Experience developing software for commercial markets desired but not required – a plus.
- Experience with construction estimating or cost control desired but not required. Also a plus.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team
- Able to provide leadership in product requirements and design
- Ability to prepare reports, summaries, and documentation. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
RIB is the world's leader in 5D BIM Technology. Since our inception in 1961, RIB has been the pioneer in construction innovation, exploring and bringing in new technology, new thinking and new working method to enhance construction productivity, and transforming the construction industry into the most advanced and digitalized industry in the 21st century. RIB's global headquarters are located in Stuttgart, Germany, and is listed in Prime Standard Frankfurt Stock Exchange since 2011 (RIB.DE). With 700 employees located in over 30 offices worldwide, RIB is serving 100,000 clients including construction contractors, developers, owners, investors and governments, in the field of building construction, infrastructure, and EPC sector. We offer a competitive benefits package. RIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.