Job Title: iOS Developer
Location: Johns Creek, GA
At Macy’s Technology it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
We are looking for iOS Engineers to help us build innovative iOS apps that integrate with our services platform. This is a great opportunity to work on our award winning mobile applications. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in iOS design and development, with one or more apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore.
This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities, we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, Technical Leads, other Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
- Responsible for working on different layers of the iOS apps
- Help develop and maintain our set of native mobile applications
- Partner closely with our design and product team to architect an application that flows and works intuitively with our users
- Building applications in- memory and network-constrained scenarios
- Influence every aspect of the iOS development process from API creation, design, and product
- Own important pieces of the product that have high visibility both internally and externally
- Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-4 years of experience in software development with a strong command of object oriented principles
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Understanding of iOS UX and UI design paradigms
- Knowledge of Objective-C, XCode, UIKit and Interface Builder
- Experience working with and tuning mobile applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, agile, collaborative environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 690 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Macy's flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, and Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California -- are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, and with the collective support of customers and employees, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.