Technician will be responsible for all technical aspects of installations, such as staging, programming and network configuration. Technician will also be responsible for all service calls on surveillance systems, access control systems, and alarms. Technician will also assist in site surveys, creating estimates and proposals. Technician must be able to work with little to no assistance from owner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Stage cameras, NVR’s and wireless devices for installation team
· Configure VMS
· Program access control system
· Configure network for remote access
· Train client
· Follow up on open issues
· Close installation projects by ensuring all items on checklist are complete, and project is properly documented for future service calls
· Install alarm systems based on Alarm.com platform
· Perform service calls on surveillance systems, access control, and alarms
· Process RMA’s
· Assist on site surveys, create written proposal based on template
· Bid on new construction projects from blueprint
· Provide technical support for clients and installation team
· Communicate with clients via phone and email regarding support issues and project related tasks
· Conduct ongoing training on new and existing products
· Find solutions for technical issues from vendor support, forums, internet, etc.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
· 3+ years experience in related field
· Must be able to communicate effectively
· Ability to read and interpret work orders, SOP’s and safety rules
· Possession or commitment to purchase required tools
· Strong understanding of networking
· Strong understanding of access control
· Ability to program and troubleshoot alarms
· Ability to troubleshoot analog and IP based surveillance systems
· Must be able to work with little to no support from internal staff
· Outside in heat/cold
· Extension ladders/mechanical lifts
· Construction sites
· PPE as required by customer
· Office Environment
· Must be able to Ascends/descends ladders, scaffolds, stairs, and works in confined spaces and in proximity to loud machinery.
· Must be able to position yourself in order to work in confined spaces such as trenches, pits, manholes, attics and tunnels.
· Must be able recognize exposure to live circuits and/or operating machinery.
· Climb up onto and down from equipment.
· Must be able to lift up and carry to 50 pounds.
· Able to manipulate small hand tools
· Licensed to drive in the State of Georgia and the ability to drive a pickup truck or van.