- Develop maintain goodwill between corporate constituents.
- Execute and maintain responsible underwriting guidelines and policy management processes (applications, binders, policies, certificates, billing).
- Manage new and renewal accounts.
- Partner with claims TPA for careful oversight of claims handling.
- Facilitate the flow of information between VCM and actuaries.
- Partner with the Compliance Officer to maintain regulatory standards and requirements, both domestic and foreign.
- Interface with all areas of VCM to provide timely, accurate information
- Prepare relative documents and chair client board meetings and claims reviews.
- Manage communication between client risk management/loss control specialist, partnering fronting and excess carriers, claims and internal parties for delivery of excellent service and products.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, able to prioritize and multitask well
- Detail oriented
- Works well in small team environment
Preferred Education, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five (5) years insurance experience (specifically in Professional Liability, Benefits and/or Worker’s Compensation)
- Insurance Agent’s license
Venture Captive Management, LLC (VCM), was created in 2002 to meet the demands of the North Carolina Association of Long Term Care Facilities in creating a stable insurance facility that members could depend on to continuously provide general and professional liability insurance. While creating the National Assisted Living Risk Retention Group, Inc., the founding members of VCM discovered that there was a strong need in the “middle market” business segment for alternative risk funding structures: risk retention groups, single parent captives, group captives, and “micro” captives meeting 831-b regulations. These structures are the most formalized structures for providing self-insurance—not just for general and professional liability but a myriad of exposures.
Founding members went about creating a company dedicated to: providing alternative risk transfer structures; researching and becoming licensed in the appropriate venues for domicile; finding a group of solid skill-set employees who could competently provide accounting, claims, underwriting and financial services; and establishing relationships with business partners committed to middle market relationships.