SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Quality Control Lead, IND TSS you will be responsible for quality services pertaining to quality issues, generating quality expectations and specifications, implementing quality tools, developing Project Quality Management Plans, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and providing guidance to Project Management on quality related issues, and QA/QC inspections.
- Supervise and monitor implementation of the fabrication yard QMS. Provide leadership in the areas of materials management, welding, NDE, testing, and final documentation.
- Assigns discipline inspectors scope of work on a weekly basis following and meeting Construction ITP requirements.
- Review and endorse Contractor’s QC team performance, make sure Contractor personnel are qualified and certified to perform the corresponding scope of work (e.g. NDE techs, welders
- Provide team leadership, hold inspectors accountable for performing all required work (witness and hold pts) per Inspection and test plan requirements.
- Organize team to perform material verifications, review of MTR’s, maintain oversight and control of compliant materials being used in the fabrication yard, including filler metals.
- Plan and perform random checks as needed on the material management program.
- Write CAR’s and/or NCR’s on non-compliant work. Issue to corresponding Contractors as needed. Follow up and make sure NCR’s are carried out to completion or closeout.
- Write weekly report to upper management on highlights of the work executed for the week.
- Verify and maintain control and oversight of the welder qualification program, witness qualification works as needed.
- Make sure all welding work meets project specification requirements.
- Manage and provide oversight to NDE work. Make sure all techs are properly qualified and certified. Reject any non-conforming work.
- Manage and provide oversight to any testing being performed (e.g. holiday testing, hydro or air testing, etc.)
- Verify work procedures are in place before being executed in the field (e.g. welding, NDE, testing, coating, etc.)
- Manage and provide oversight to the documentation system being implemented in the field (e.g. final documentation required by the systems completion team, and/or operations)
- Monitor that all required sign offs by the QC CVX personnel are getting completed properly.
- Performs administrative duties as required/ assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), NDE & Coatings knowledge, Good writing skills, welding knowledge,
- Subsea pipeline experienced
- 10+ yrs. Professional experience
- AUT Certified
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.