- Accomplish and deliver compliant pre- and post-award documentation and/or contractual documents in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DHA and Department of Defense (DoD) supplements, policy guidance directives and instructions.
- Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with contractors to assist in planning and scheduling the preparation and submission of required requests for proposals.
- Review of change request packages to ensure consistency across all contracts for accomplishment of the required change. Suggested corrections are sent back to Contracting Officer or Contract Specialist within 2 days.
- Review Change Order Proposals and making recommendations to the Government regarding the adequacy of proposals within 2 days.
- Ensuring that technical proposals and/or information systems proposals are appropriately reviewed in accordance with Contracting Office internal processes and procedures.
- Analyze source selection decision documents (technical evaluation, past performance, and price) to ensure the government’s evaluation is reasonable, equitable and defendable.
- Provide cost or price analyses by evaluating contractor’s price proposal, review the Independent Government Cost Estimates (as appropriate) and providing the analysis in support of developing recommendations for preparation of government negotiation position.
- Prepare contracting action packages for peer, clearance, and other procedural oversight reviews.
- Assisting government in support of Change Order negotiations.
- Input contracting information into automated contracting system and ensure data is current and accurate.
- Perform contract management and administration to include modifications, correspondence, internal documentation, reports, etc. All contracts documents are in accordance with laws, regulations, policies and internal processes.
- Assisting with other contractual actions required to ensure overall management of current contracts in a timely, accurate and effective manner in compliance with FAR, DFARS, and applicable Contracting Office internal processes and procedures.
- Perform contract closeout.
- Provide accurate responses to data calls and requests for information from management within the required timeframes.
- Provide administrative support including typing, filing distribution of reports, data entry, and preparation of presentations, meeting scheduling and other administrative duties to include participation in various working groups.
- Perform acquisition strategy planning and have a schedule to meet the Director of Procurement contracting objectives.
- Conduct market research to include gathering required information from DoD and Federal contracting activities.
- Prepare acquisition documents applicable to procurements for the review and approval of the Contracting Officer. Examples are as follows:
- Prepare Acquisition Plans for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare Market Research Reports for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare Performance Work Statements (PWS) for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare electronic synopsis announcements for FBO for approval and issuance by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare amendments to solicitations for approval and issuance by the Contracting Officer.
- Construct agency reports and draft other correspondence/documents in response to protest actions or other claims against the agency.
Requirements for the position include:
- Must have valid Dept of Defense security clearance.
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field, that includes or is supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management. marketing, quantitative methods or organization
- Minimum 5 years of direct Federal procurement experience serving as a Federal government and/or contractor employee in the GS-1102 series or equivalent capacity as a contract specialist/administrator or procurement analyst in DoD
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of acquisition management
- extensive knowledge of federal and DoD contracting principles (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD Directives and Instructions, laws, regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis sufficient to review proposals against previous history, actual and estimates expenditures, and established rates to determine price reasonableness or to determine a negotiation position
- Contract writing system PD2 experience preferable, but not required.
Who are we?
P3I stands for: People, Performance, Process and Innovation.
These four words are at the core of P3I’s corporate culture and drive P3I’s business model.
P3I is a Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned (Hawaiian), Veteran-Owned, Small Business, that provides cost-effective and integrated services to federal government agencies.