MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec Utility Services activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec is currently seeking a Sr. Construction Manager
The Construction Manager provides management and direction on large and complex utility construction projects. Project work includes project management, resource allocation, equipment management, and utility construction. Duties performed are associated with human resources, payroll, accounting, and administrative functions. This position supports the Construction team and works with field personnel, senior operations management, and customers.
- Manage all projects to completion on-time and within budget.
- Schedule the crews, identify and delegate the crews to start their work, review project timelines and expectations, and supervise work performance and job quality.
- Develop professional relationships with customers, customer representatives, inspectors, marketing team members, and managers from all levels to maintain and increase market share.
- Manage and oversee 15 to 20 crews to complete the required utility construction work.
- Participate in meetings with senior operations management, peers, and/or customers.
- Real-time resolution of problems or jobsite obstacles with crews, customers, inspectors, engineers, and local governing bodies.
- Participate in estimating and bidding projects, contract negotiations, and change order preparation.
- Ensure that materials are procured on-time and accurately and that inventory levels are appropriately maintained.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- An Associate’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience, with 5 years in a supervisory position.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Strong multitasking competence in project bidding and cost negotiation as well as construction contracting practices, construction processes, methods, and materials.
- Strong management skills of problem-solving, organizing, planning, directing, and monitoring construction projects and personnel.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
- Ability to read prints and identify/distinguish colors.
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
- General Foreman
- Skilled Laborer/Groundman
- Truck Driver
How would you like to be a part of something great? Something that impacts the lives of others, like re-building our country's infrastructure? MasTec's Utility Services Group will give you a chance to do just that!
We have the resources needed to reliably deliver quality work for even the most complicated infrastructure construction and fiber jobs. The future is bright and the opportunities are endless. But, we need your help in order to make a difference.