rand* construction corporation (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)) is accepting resumes for an experienced estimator to join our established team.
The Estimator is responsible for bidding and estimating commercial construction projects which includes subcontractor scope definition activities. They are responsible for providing accurate estimates and endeavor to be the lowest responsible bid in order to provide the company with sufficient profitable work to meet its goals. They are responsible for maintaining a qualified database of subcontractors to assure the company’s competitiveness in bidding and ability to perform work to appropriate standards.
· Prepare time, cost and labor estimates for construction projects by analyzing project drawings, specifications and RFP’s.
· Prepare conceptual estimates and budgets for upcoming projects
· Perform detailed quantity take-offs and provide scope sheets for purchasing.
· Bid administration to include maintaining bid log of documents, preparation of detailed sub-contractor scope of work and extensive follow-up.
· Develop subcontractor relationships for the solicitation of bids.
· Evaluation of Bid Specifications and Drawings.
· Attend pre-bid meetings and/or site visits.
· Participate in the interview process as required by some projects for award
· Maintain qualified subcontractor bidders list.
· Minimize job costs by communicating scopes of work with subcontractors and vendors.
· Identify potential project risks.
· Actively engage with marketing department and other team members during the proposal/bidding process by reviewing RFPs, bid documents and comparing company costs to estimate project costs;
· Communicate with owners, architects, engineers, owners and project team.
Skills and Experience
· BS/BA in Engineering or Construction Management recommended but not required.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience estimating/project management commercial construction projects required.
· Knowledgeable of principles of architecture, engineering, and construction.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline environment.
· Strong ability to read specifications, plan designs and details.
· Strong knowledge of the RFP and bidding processes.
· Strong math and analytical skills in regard to cost and pricing.
· Strong organization, documentation, computer and communication skills.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft office particularly Microsoft Excel.
· Must have experience interfacing with clients, architects, owners and subcontractors.
· Must have the ability to perform turnover meetings and close-out reviews including cost analyses.
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs and may occasionally be required to lift/move more than 51 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
· Stand or sitting may be required for extended periods of time.
· Must wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses) and other equipment as needed when on construction site.
· Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
· Possess good hearing (normal or corrected).
· Work required in both an office environment and at construction site which may include exposure to heat and cold, loud noises, airborne particles, fumes, risk of electrical shock, and moving mechanical parts.
rand* is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description
rand* construction is an award-winning, woman-owned national commercial contractor that specializes in tenant interiors, building renovations, base building, retail, restaurant and ground-up construction.
Since its inception in 1989, rand*has grown from a small interiors firm to a multi-market construction company offering a wide range of services to national and regional clients. As a premier general contractor, we collaborate with the client and design teams to provide comprehensive services over the full lifecycle of a project, going above and beyond to deliver design-sensitive, cost-efficient build solutions to our clients.
Linda Rabbitt founded rand* in 1989 and actively leads the company as its Chairman of the Board. Today, we are a privately-owned corporation guided by principals and executives who provide senior level management and direction in our work. The unique organizational structure at rand* fosters an open work environment where employees of all departments and levels are encouraged to be innovative and superior in their delivery.