The Asphalt Paving Superintendent will be responsible for the daily planning, production and safety of the asphalt paving crew.
· 2 to 3 years of experience paving roads, and supervising a crew is preferred.
· Previous knowledge of Asphalt and related materials is preferred.
· Must have a valid Driver's License.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
· Must have a “safety first” attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of asphalt crews
· Oversee progress and efficient utilization of paving crews and equipment.
· Establish and maintain a working relationship with Foreman, and fellow Superintendents.
· Report any required repairs to General Superintendent, and Shop Manager.
· Oversee proper equipment maintenance.
· Monitor the layout, placement, and compaction of materials.
· Monitor quality control.
· Verify measurements, slope and thickness for compliance.
· Communicate with persons outside of the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public and other external sources in an appropriate and professional manner.
· Read and relay job related information from work orders, plans, or contracts to asphalt foremen.
· Correctly calculate and order job materials when necessary.
· Timely and regular attendance is essential.