Grande Communications is looking for Field Installation Technicians to install, disconnect, reconnect, add and/or change Video, Telephone and Internet Services and troubleshoot Grande's products at residential customer’s homes.
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Resolves customer related service problems by performing repairs and/or preventive maintenance on the customer’s installation, by locating and replacing defective company-owned equipment and testing systems
2. Generates additional company revenue by utilizing effective sales techniques and by offering customers information about product options, sales campaigns, and promotions.
3. Adds value to the customer’s installation by completing Video, Telephone and Internet Service component hookups i.e. DVR VCR
4. Accomplishes work load demands against performance metrics by working productively, safely, and by completing all requested work orders in a timely manner with limited supervision.
5. Resolves problems caused by customer’s equipment, adjusts customer’s television and/or VCR to improve picture quality, and instructs customers on the correct operation of Video, Telephone, Internet Service equipment
6. Ensures customer satisfaction by providing information on all available company products and by promoting a positive, professional image.
7. Educates customers regarding their existing service, propose solutions to customer problems, and inform them of Grande Communications, Inc.’s additional products and services
Our ideal candidate will possess:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Valid driver license and safe driving record
● Three (3) years of experience in a broadband related position where they gained experience/skills in installation, troubleshooting and light sales experience
● Above average problem-solving, planning AND organizational skills
● Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work under hazardous conditions is a VITAL necessity in this role and is part of the daily routine. You must be able to climb poles, crawl through attics and on rooftops in order to effectively install the products.
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401K plus employer matching contribution
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Section 125 (Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement) Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Career Development Program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Free phone service, High-Speed Data, Cable Television (in Grande service area only)
Grande Communications is a Texas-based broadband communications company that offers a full suite of Internet, TV and Phone services for residential and business customers. Like the Texans we serve, we're proud of our independent, 'can-do' attitude that has enabled us to serve over 140,000 customers in communities big and small across Texas. Providing superior employee and customer satisfaction is not easy, but it is the path Grande chooses to take. "Here for you" means we deliver the customer service that our communities deserve as well as competitive pricing and reliable services. It also means we are dedicated to providing employees a superior career opportunity!
Grande's values support our unique dedication to superior customer service:
We take care of our customers.
We take care of each other.
We do what we say we are going to do.
We have fun!