The Service Advisor has a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in support of the Idealease leasing and rental department. The main function of the position is to ensure the proper invoicing and close out of all repair orders to the correct accounts in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Service Advisor are to fulfill the Leasing and Rental department in the most efficient and accurate manner by:
- Invoice repair orders to their proper accounts in a timely fashion
- Create repair orders from the descriptions given by customer to ensure all repair and maintenance needs are documented
- Payment must be received or verified an account is on file before any vehicle leaves the property.
The secondary duties and responsibilities are to be performed as necessary and include:
Answer phone calls from customers calling to get repairs and/or maintenance scheduled for the trucks
Get information from customers that have roadside service needed for break downs
Call necessary persons to handle vehicles in need of roadside assistance
Assist in dispatching of work to technicians to ensure repairs are completed in timely manner
Assist rental department in the checking in or out of trucks, to include making rental agreements up
Call in to Idealease to get payment and/or auth. on work performed on corporate or other Idealease trucks
Help with supervision of support staff in directing them on needs of the service department
Input time corrections for payroll accuracy
Fill spreadsheets for PM, Breakdowns, and Down Units
Fuel trucks when support staff is tasked with other duties
- Test drive trucks when needed
- Drive chase vehicle for truck deliveries or taking mobile drivers back to their truck
GENERAL WORK QUALITIES REQUIRED
The Service Advisor is a vital member of the Leasing and Rental department one who has a direct impact on the Service Departments productivity. Accordingly, particular qualities and abilities are required for successful performance in this position, including:
Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
Must conduct his/her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days
SKILL, TRAINING AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & PREFERENCES
The Service Advisor position requires a number of basic skills, including:
- Must be a self motivator with good written and verbal communication skills
- Need to have mechanical and technical knowledge of trucking industry
- Must use problem solving skills with customers and co workers
- Need to be able to use ADP Systems, Microsoft Word and Excel, Isis and Idealease Portal
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to ongoing changes
- Able to drive trucks and tractors
These may not be all of the duties, responsibilities, requirements associated with this position. However this does provide the department with a general overview of the position.
The Service Advisor position is demanding a number of physical attributes, including:
- Sitting in front of computer for extended periods of times
- Ability to climb in and out of trucks
- Walk around Facility under different weather conditions
Employee safety is a prime concern in the Leasing and Rental department and every effort is made to insure a safe working environment. However, a number of conditions may be problematic for some, including:
- Working outside in variable weather conditions
- Working around hazardous chemicals and fumes
- Walking in slippery and/or narrow areasCompany Description
Beltway Companies is the largest commercial truck dealership in the state of Maryland and is a holding company for seven commercial truck dealerships. Beltway Companies takes the hassle out of truck operations with more than 92 service bays and over $3 million in stocked parts. Locations include Annapolis, Baltimore, Cumberland, Elkton, Frederick, Hagerstown and Idealease of Baltimore.