WPM is seeking an experienced individual to join our service team. The Apartment Maintenance Manager leads a team which completes daily maintenance operations for one property or a portfolio of properties. Manager will be responsible for supervising staff, scheduling contractors, managing work orders and resident concerns.
- Manages a system for effectively handling service requests ensuring the maintenance team responds within 24 hours of the initial call.
- Generates the Entrata maintenance work order report daily to track all open work order tickets. Schedules and assigns work orders for maintenance teams, tracking completion and labor/material costs.
- Schedules appointments with residents to respect their time and privacy.
- Leads maintenance team in diagnosis and repair in areas including HVAC, Heat Pump, Electrical, Plumbing, Small/Large appliance, Carpentry, Drywall, flooring, general maintenance, unit turnover, and exterior structural.
- Creates crew schedules and updates work order request systems, generating work orders throughout each day to direct service teams. Creates a 24-hour on-call schedule for the maintenance department.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, develop, supervise, and terminate staff in order to achieve the operational goals of the property within company polices and guidelines.
- Conducts property inspections regularly, identifying all interior and exterior work to be completed, generates work orders to track completion.
- Immediately notifies management of maintenance issues and recommends resolution.
- Keeps Property Manager up to date regarding status of all repairs and maintenance.
- Works with Property or Assistant Property Manager in scheduling the make-ready maintenance of all vacant apartments.
- Manages move-in and move-outs processes including ensuring all locks are re-keyed, conducting pre-move out inspections.
- Assigns staff to complete tasks to make units ready for occupancy and inspects units prior to move-in.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts, as well as prepare site maps.
- Schedules and executes routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Organizes maintenance shop, keeping inventory of supplies and equipment according to the established OSHA standards.
- Establishes or follows cost effective methods of ordering supplies, maximizing value for the price.
- Ensure any/all storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Recommends contract services and ensures that contracted maintenance is completed in accordance with the contract and quality standards, inspecting work before signing off on work order or invoice.
- Directs staff engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows and inspects/monitors progress. Leads completion of outdoor grounds maintenance, including daily removal and disposal of trash. Develops plan for snow removal.
- Acts as role model for Service and Site Technicians by following all company procedures and presenting an appearance appropriate for the image of the property.
- Conducts and schedules regular morning meetings and reviews safety topics.
- Performs other duties as required.
Candidates should have CFR certification and HVAC certification, as well as apartment maintenance supervisory experience.Company Description
WPM Real Estate Management, one of the Baltimore area's largest Residential Property Management Company, is looking for customer driven, forward thinking, self-motivated candidates to work in prestigious residential properties in the Baltimore area. WPM Real Estate Management is an Accredited Management Organization and takes pride in having an organization comprised of talented, energetic individuals.
WPM has been voted a Top Workplace by its associates and has been awarded Property Management Company of the year multiple years by the Maryland Multifamily Housing Association. We offer excellent benefits including a 401(k) match, paid educational assistance, support for professional memberships and the opportunity to earn credentials in the rapidly-growing Property Management field. In a fun and friendly work environment, we demonstrate our passion for building great communities.