Paradise Management, LLC is seeking a motivated Service Technician with a strong background in customer service, appliance repairs, and HVAC for a high-rise located in downtown Baltimore. Paradise Management, LLC emphasizes a team approach and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
The Service Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and staff. It is the Service Technician’s duty to correct any and all problems involving the physical aspects of the property as directed by the Service Manager and/or Property Manager. An effective program of maintenance is essential in order to:
Maintain a safe environment.
Cultivate resident satisfaction.
Protect the investment of the Owner.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures; state and federal laws, e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
· Performs maintenance tasks personally.
· Handles resident service requests. Correct situations within 24 hours when possible.
· Is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week not only when on call but in the case of emergency.
· Performs tasks associated with unit turnover.
· Attend scheduled safety meetings.
· Must be aware of the physical condition of the property throughout and immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken glass leading to the pool, broken steps, trip hazards, open holes, and broken/burned out exterior lights.
· Complete resident requested service orders in a timely manner. (Standard turnaround time for completion of service requests is 24 hours, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.)
· Delivers accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures and apartment make ready status, work in progress, etc.
· Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments within the Paradise Management standard of 7 days or 5 business days.
· Performs minor and routine maintenance on all equipment on a regular basis or as directed by Service Manager.
· Inspects and maintains tools and equipment and keeps them in excellent condition.
· Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
· Order maintenance supplies with approval from Service Manager.
· Train newly-hired Service Technicians and/or Porters.
· Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
· Install new appliances as necessary.
· Assist Property Manager/office personnel as needed and in emergency situations.
· Consult with Property Manager and/or Service Manager on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
· Attend meetings and seminars as requested by Property Manager, Regional Property Manager or Service Manager.
· Must perform tasks associated with snow removal such as: shoveling, snow blower, plowing, salt spreading, calcium spreading, etc.
Must have the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties:
· Plumbing repairs
· Repair/replace locks, smoke alarms
· Replace screens
· Appliance repair
· Electrical repairs
· Roofing inspection/minor roof repair
· Change AC filters
· HVAC repairs (must have HVAC license)
· Extermination (Texas--must be certified)
· Replace broken windows
· Carpet and pad repair/replacement
· Assist with keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
· Performs work area clean up and safety related duties.
· Provides Service Manager with a list of needed inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials.
· Comply with OSHA regulations
· Comply with all state and federal laws, e.g.,ADA, Fair Housing, etc.Company Description
Paradise Management, LLC owns and manages a growing portfolio of 2,049 luxury apartments in PA, DE and MD. Paradise Management, LLC emphasizes a team approach and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Competitive salary, benefits and 401k plan.