- Employee reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Plant Manager and Dispatcher along with the plant and truck mechanic. The employee is responsible for the diagnosis and repair of all roll-off compactors and customer stationary compactor and lift systems. This position performs preventive maintenance on all compactor equipment as well as ordering spare and replacement parts needed to keep equipment in service. This position will also coordinate emergency equipment repairs with outside contractors. Safe operation skills are vital.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Valid Maryland driver’s license with safe and good driving record.
- Minimum three years’ experience servicing electro-mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Prior successful employment background.
- Clean, reasonably minor, or distant criminal background.
- Ability to pass a physical pre-employment and random drug test.
- Must be available to work any shift as needed.
- Ability to operate a front end loader desired but not required
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on roll-off compactors and containers at the plant.
- Maintain repair records and provide copies to the Dispatcher after repairs are made.
- Schedule preventive maintenance on customer equipment, coordinating with the appropriate customer personnel. Use the company service truck when performing maintenance on customer property. After repairs are completed create a written service report and ensure proper sign-off by customer representative.
- Communicate with yard jockey and dispatcher to identify all needed compactor repairs. Inspect and repair all out of service compactors that are in the ReConserve yard.
- Report all major equipment issues to the General Manager and Dispatcher.
- Maintain a stock of supplies used to PM and repair units. Order parts and supplies from approved vendors.
- Maintain a safe, clean, uncluttered work area and company service truck. Secure all equipment inside work truck to avoid damage and spillage.
- Coordinate outside repair services on compactors as required.
- Participate in all new customer compactor system installations and customer training.
- Additional duties as assigned. Some overtime may be required at the request or discretion of the Plant Manager.
- Diagnostic skills: Ability to troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment and hydraulic systems.
- Hydraulic systems: Ability to read hydraulic schematics. Can repair and rebuild hydraulic pumps, valves, and replace cylinders.
- Electrical: Can read electrical schematics and repair or replace faulty components.
- Electronics: Familiar with the operation of programmable logic controllers.
- Machining: Some millwright experience is beneficial.
- Welding and cutting: Can use acetylene torch when required. Must be able to weld to repair or modify all equipment. Capable of arc welding in all positions using stick welder. Can make repairs requiring brazing and soldering
ReConserve is the largest, most experienced recycler of bakery, cereal grain, snack foods and related food by-products in the United States. The ReConserve names comes from the concept of recycle to conserve. At ReConserve, the philosophy of Recycle, Reprocess, and Resource Conservation is in all we do. We provide sanitary, efficient removal and recycling services to the food and feed manufacturing industries nationwide.
We serve over 1,000 small to large size food manufacturers, furnishing more systems in use today than all competitors combined. Our plants utilize the ReConserve process turning select food waste into Dried Bakery Product, a high energy, highly palatable dried component for livestock feed, marketed under the DBP brand.