This Tool & Die Machinist position is located in Baltimore, MD.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to work for the largest specialty tin manufacturer in the country. We offer a generous benefits package in addition to flexible work schedules!
Independent Can Company is looking for a highly skilled Machinist to work at our Rosedale, MD facility. You will be responsible for maintenance and repair of production machinery and mechanical equipment. This role requires both diagnostic and mechanical skills.
Machinist Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to make machine parts manually to within one half thousandth of an inch
- Ability to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance
- Properly use all precision devised measuring, such as micrometers, calipers, depth gages and others as required
- Install new equipment in the plant. This includes learning operations and adjustments and repairs
- Perform die maintenance using tool room equipment and hand tools
Machinist Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Machinist Apprenticeship program is preferred
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 10 hours per shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Strong mechanical ability and problem-solving skills sufficient to perform fabrication and build activities
Independent Can Company has experienced outstanding growth since inception in 1929. We are the largest independent manufacturer of specialty cans in the country. Our organization takes great pride in our employees who work daily to provide the best customer support and service in our industry. We offer competitive salaries, annual bonus, flexible working schedules, paid time off, matching 401(k) and awesome health care.
At Independent Can, we understand and appreciate the crucial part our mechanics perform in preventing accidents and work stoppage by resolving mechanical issues promptly.