As a social media specialist, you will work closely with marketing to increase our brand awareness on key social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogs. Share useful content that generates awareness, and connect like-minded individuals in search of quality photo and video equipment. We’re looking for a tech-savvy energetic individual who has a passion and knack for micro-blogging and creating mutually beneficial relationships. You will research opportunities to enhance our social media activities and our company online in a meaningful way.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in development and implementation of social media programs including blogs, social media networks, event calendars, etc. which generated increased sales.
· Strong proven communication, research and creative skills will be required.
· Photo and video experience a plus.
· Knowledge of SEO techniques will also be most useful as well as being able to identify new avenues and opportunities for online marketing.
· Ability to be a successful hands on detail oriented multitasker.
· Important to feel comfortable as a content/copy creator and coordinator, marketing analyst and industry news junkie.
· You have strong knowledge and passion for technology, emerging media and use of the internet.
· Able to work totally self-sufficient.
· Comfortable working in an office environment.
· Help identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
· Establish new and maintain existing social media relationships by proactively engaging in discussions surrounding our content, products and brands
· Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: pages, sites, blogs, etc. on a daily basis and post/respond on a particular topic or in response to other post/comments
· Track key bloggers, Twitters, etc. of interest and classify them based on content and visibility/credibility; prepare analysis and tracking of trends
· Recommend relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency
· Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other community sites
· Develop content or promotional ideas calendar of these sites
· Recommend new social media tools, sites and apps as a part of the social media mix
· Convey a sense of community and build our following based on valuable content for our products and company
· Use creative means to drive strong engagement and organic growth of all social media properties
· Provide analyses which demonstrate progress in developing effective and successful social media programs