GEO Prep Mid-City, Inc. is a tuition-free, public charter school that serves students in grades K-8. Our dedicated faculty and staff are committed to providing an outstanding education for students each day as they transition from elementary to middle school to high school and COLLEGE. Our curriculum and teaching methods are designed using Core Knowledge in K-8 and a blended learning model in elementary school through high school. We are a TAP school!
Principal and Administrative Team
This is a Part Time/Per Diem/Seasonal position
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 24 credit hours
- Valid Louisiana Teaching License for Grades K-8 (preferred)
- At least one (or more) of the following:
- National Board Certification
- TAP Experience (sign on bonus for TAP certification)
- Core Knowledge Experience
- Experience with Blended Learning
- At least two years of successful teaching in an urban environment
- Strong technical skills, particularly in integrating technology in the classroom to drive academic achievement
- Demonstrated volunteer or community service
- An Elementary School Substitute is required to perform the following duties:
- Assume all duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules. This may include bus, lunchroom, playground, hall duty or other duties assigned by the building principal.
- Follow the instructions left by the teacher or alert the administrator if there are no plans to follow.
- Check to ensure that there are sufficient supplies in the classroom to carry out lesson plans.
- Maintain normal classroom routines and discipline procedures
- Spend the entire assignment working with and for the students. No personal work of any kind should be done. The substitute teacher is expected to carry out the instructions of the regular teacher, including grading daily papers and leaving a summary of work covered.
- Remain in the classroom if a student teacher of intern is teaching.
- Maintain a positive learning atmosphere in the classroom. Disruptive student conduct in class in not acceptable. If serious student behavior problems occur, assistance should be sought from a neighboring teacher or a building administrator.
- Dress professionally and uphold all school policies