Gulf Packaging, Inc. is seeking an experienced Structural Designer.
Designs Customers packaging to meet product integrity and appearance under various shipping and warehouse conditions. Tests, analyzes, and selects materials for packaging based on durability and cost effectiveness.
Knowledge of corrugated industry preferred.
Proficient in the use of CAD software. - IMPACT
High level of creativity and customer focus
Effective communication skills
Problem-solving and analytical skills
Must be flexible, able to Multi-task
Ability to design, plan and execute testing strategies to ensure product quality
Knowledge of industry testing methods
• Develop corrugated structural designs for new and existing customers.
• Work with sales team and customer service to create specifications and drawings for new items.
• Improve existing packaging with innovative solutions, this will include customer site visits.
• Balance a workload to meet designated customer requirements and deadlines.
• Look for improvement of existing designs to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
• Keep current on industry updates; including software, ect.
• Source all required tooling
• Assist production with new capabilities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Experience in corrugated packaging environment preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a packaging & design field
• Experience in operating CAD table.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented
• Strong cognitive skills
• Capable to work and make decisions independentlyCompany Description
Gulf Packaging Inc., a rapidly growing Manufacturer of corrugated boxes is seeking to add motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. We seek employees who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.