Atkins, Member of SNC-Lavalin have recently won a number of major projects wins including Croydon Area Signalling Renewals, Norwich Yarmouth Lowestoft and Lewes- Newhaven signalling projects etc.
Atkins are therefore seeking to recruit a enthusiastic and conscientious designer into our Transportation Business to be Assistant Signalling Designer / Signalling Designer within our design team.
Atkins has one of the UK Rail industry’s largest signalling engineering teams and as such you will be joining our Signalling Systems Practice in Global Design Centre which comprises a team of over 60 professional signalling design engineers / managers. This, together with Atkins broader cross discipline capability in GDC means our engineers have an unrivalled collective knowledge to tap into and learn from.
This role is that of a Assistant Signalling Designer / Signalling Designer reporting to a Signalling Design Manager/Lead Engineer.
Primary functions include :
• Preparation and production of railway signalling designs, specifications, reports and working drawings ensuring compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements within agreed timescales and performance parameters
• Assisting in the preparation of estimates and tender documentation
• Working within a records / document management system
• Undertaking design office cover (out of office hours)
• Creating and managing of trackers / registers for Design deliverables
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Knowledge and minimum 3 years experience of UK main line railway signalling design
• Diploma / Degree or other technical qualification, preferable electronics
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary design environment
• Experience of using Microstation CAD software
• Knowledge of variety of signalling equipment and systems, particularly electronic systems
Essential Person Qualities:
• Willing and able to learn
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Can do attitude and flexible
• Able to work within a team, but also be self motivating
• Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise duties
• Holds an IRSE Licence(s), of design license or higher
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,