Urgent Team is looking for experienced Front Desk Assistants to join our PRN team in Benton, AR. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of experience performing Front Desk tasks (patient check-in, insurance verification, etc.) in a healthcare setting. Flexible availability is required.
The Front Desk Assistant will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files and providing support to patients and medical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Welcome all patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answer inquires and direct them through the registration process.
• Answer multi-line phones, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks.
• Check in and discharge patients, assist clinical staff and close the office at the end of each shift.
• Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances and complete phone sheets.
• Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance.
• Adhere to all relevant health and safety procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records
• Prior experience in a medical office setting