Bakery Production Packer Associate Needed!!
Bakery Line Production Workers (Packers) ensure that All Baked goods are packaged as specified by the Shift Lead. Packers are an integral part of the Production Department, which relies on Packers' knowledge and experience to ensure that our products meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Description Essential Job Functions
Perform any combination of following tasks in preparation of baked goods and or cookies along conveyor line:
- Read production schedule or receive instructions.
- Inspect bites moving along conveyor to detect defects and remove defective bites from conveyor to reject bins.
- Package finished product.
- Visually inspect for correct/incorrect labeling.
- Ensure product is packaged in the correct cases.
- Ensure product is packaged correctly and quickly at production speed.
- Weigh product.
- Notify Lead and/or Supervisor of malfunctions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow safety and sanitation company policy.
- Follow good manufacturing practices as trained during orientation.
- Take direction by Shift Lead.
- Work in a different work area, as needed.
- Report any noticeable product defects to Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Proper use PPE such as: hair net/gloves/safety steel toe shoes.
- Receive and adhere to the schedule for the day/week.
Previous Food Production, Manufacturing Experience Preferred /Knowledge of GMP and Food Industry.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time
- May involve some repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
- Do to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 10- 12 hour shifts (Occasionally Sundays or when required)
Job Type: Full-time