Start or continue to build your career with a top ranked mortgage company!
Waterstone Mortgage was recently named the #2 Best Company to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine! Our company culture is second to none; to learn more about our exceptional work/life balance and employee engagement, visit GlassDoor. We pride ourselves on offering a full benefits package, including competitive pay, 401k match and PTO.
The Loan Partner II primary function is to increase service levels within the branch while assisting the Branch Manager, Sales Manager and Loan Originators. This individual is the primary contact for WMC clients and is responsible for taking applications, scheduling appointments, getting the customer to the closing table in a seamless manner, calling customers and realtors on a weekly basis and locking loans. Make sure all loans are complete and ready for submission to the Processing Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as the primary contact and liaison between clients, Branch Manager, Sales Manager and/or assigned Loan Originators.
- Responsible for taking applications over the phone and scheduling appointments.
- As part of the sales team, this individual is responsible for requesting/obtaining referrals from all WMC clients, current and potential along with sales partners.
- Work as a liaison for Loan Originators and with processing to help coordinate weekly pipeline meetings with each Loan Originator for accurate file tracking.
- Responsible for submitting complete loan applications for each customer file. By completing all items on the checklist before submission.
- Responsible for quoting rates to clients and locking loans.
- Track all requested documents in Encompass
- Review documentation received within 24 hours of receipt for discrepancies, omitted data, verified income calculation, asset verification and Encompass updates based on verified information.
- Contact customer within 24 hours of receiving the loan file and call them on a weekly basis to give a status update to file
- Phone the realtor to introduce yourself within 24 hours of receiving the loan file and call them on a weekly basis to give a status update to the file.
- Respond to customer inquiries and other related parties on a transaction as needed in a timely fashion.
- Run Automated Underwriting with updated Encompass file and read what the required documentation will be that is needed. Make sure that Automated Underwriting results match Encompass.
- Order FHA and VA case numbers on government sites.
- Order Title Commitments, Appraisal and Flood Insurance on the file.
- Maintain up-to date status information for all files with a weekly meeting scheduled with the Loan Originators keeping them on track, notified of all transaction details and status of closings.
- Call the customer and realtor referral partners every week, preferably picking the same date weekly to give a status update on the loan file.
- Reviews approved mortgage loans to determine conditions that must be met prior to closing. This includes, but is not limited to all documentation that pertains to the loan file private mortgage insurance, title, hazard insurance and flood determination and other underwriting conditions as outlined by the Underwriter. Ensures that all items are cleared and proper documentation is in each file prior to completing the closed package.
- Once file is out of Underwriting if additional documentation or information is needed for the file, immediately notify the borrower. Maintain a sense of urgency and inform the customer we need this information within 48 hours
- Verify accuracy and consistency of information in file to ensure closing documents are prepared according to investor/product guidelines and work closely with the Loan Processor to assure the file is ready for closing.
- Communicate with Title companies, Realtors, Loan Originators and Borrowers to schedule/confirm the time, day and place the closing will take place.
ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL LOAN PARTNERS
- Goal Oriented
- Team player
- High School or better.
Individuals in this position shall not engage in loan origination during the course of his/her employment with WMC. Loan origination is defined as (1) taking a residential mortgage loan application; or (2) offering or negotiating terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain; (3) advertising or communicating to the public that you can perform loan origination services. Please see the Loan Originator Compensation Policy for more details on the definition of loan origination.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.