Our top Boston client seeks an experienced project accountant. Must have previous experience working for a construction firm. excellent company to get your foot in the door for.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in construction for a GC in the project accountant role or assistant role etc
- Must have construction accounting background
- Must have Bachelor's in accounting
Preferred: experience with Timberline/Sage a plus
Accounting - Project Accountant (Mid level)
- The main function of a Project Accountant is to handle all billing and accounts payable functions for our clients for major construction projects.
- The project accountant will be responsible to prepare client billings
- The project accountant will work closely with the Project management team and will handle any client or subcontractor questions
- working with the project management group to have all billings submitted to clients
- responsible to process all vendor invoices and enter into the Sage Accounting
- placing approval stamp on invoice and forwarding to Project Manager
- All approved invoices from PM's should be compared to all contractual information provided to the PA to insure invoices do not exceed contractual amounts agreed to
- Process vendor checks
- prepare all subcontractor Lien Waivers and verify insurance
- handle lien waivers once check has been prepared for vendor
- The PA will be responsible to reach out to subcontractors to gather lien waivers
- assist with project cost meetings
- Prepare AP accounting vouchers info and attach invoice to AP voucher
- reviewing contract type, fee amount, billing format, and any additional paper work
We have had a relationship directly with the owner of this company for a very long time. Leverage our deep relationships with New England's Best construction projects and companies with dynamic cultures, exceptional pay and benefits. It costs nothing to you.