USA Scientific is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Field-Based Pipette Calibration Technician in Boston and surrounding areas!
Why join USA Scientific:
- We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package with expense and mileage reimbursement.
- We have a dynamic company culture that is customer centric, innovative, encourages collaboration, results oriented, and growing.
- We are well established and recognized in the life since industry. We are part of a larger multi-national biotech company that is a market leader in the areas of liquid handling, sample handling, and cell handling.
What you could do for us in this role:
- Responsible to develop a field-based pipette calibration business independently and by working with Sales and Marketing. Works independently to manage, schedule, travel, deliver, and preform calibration services at the customer’s site or laboratory.
- Service components include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble, clean, calibrate and repair liquid handling instrumentation through the attachment and/or installation of mechanical/electronic parts.
- Executes the determined service product. Follows any established customer protocols, tests instruments to ensure conformance to agreed specifications.
- Determines and completes necessary cleaning, replacement, adjustment or repair.
- Record calibration test measurements in computer database. Prints instrument performance test certificates as required.
- Promotes the sale of the company’s service products through opportunity management and by working with local sales representatives in multiple territories.
- Responsible for achieving individual-based annual goals while properly managing assigned assets including but not limited to tools, equipment and parts inventory.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Effectively communicate with customers, from managing expectations through follow-up in a positive, customer centric, professional, and in a timely manner.
- Responds, attends, completes any other job-related assignments as defined by manager including but not limited to training, business meetings or other individual or group projects.
- Some overnight travel can be expected.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
A Bachelor's degree in business, science or other technical fields from a four-year college or university is preferred; or an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with at least 2 years' relevant technical or customer experience (i.e, sales or service); or equivalent military training with at least 2 years' relevant technical or customer experience.
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, submit an application at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)
Please note that all documents uploaded to the application must be one of the following file types: .pdf, or .docx
USA Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.Company Description
For thirty five years USA Scientific has been a leading supplier of laboratory products for life science laboratories. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a multinational biotechnology company and our focus is on laboratory essentials used in R&D.