- Posted :00:00
- Full time
The Role: Rating Analyst, U.S. RMBS
The Location: Centennial, CO
The U.S RMBS team is part of the broader Structured Finance Group at S&P Global Ratings. The team assigns ratings and publishes research commentaries for the use of Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) investors.
The Rating Analyst provides analytical support to senior analysts, including compiling data, updating financial models, preparing meeting presentations, and presenting analytical findings to internal constituencies. After having obtained the appropriate S&P Global Ratings certifications, he/she will help to derive credit enhancement levels and ratings on RMBS transactions. The candidate should have a strong background in credit analysis of structured finance securities including RMBS and/or other transaction types.
What’s in it for you:
This is a great opportunity to build a career in finance markets with one of the leading providers of financial market intelligence. You will increase your awareness of the residential real estate markets and structured finance sector, have an opportunity to increase analytical, communication, and presentation skills while supporting the rating process, and expand technical skills, time management capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Work in conjunction with, and at the direction of, senior analysts in preparing necessary information to support the ratings process;
- Work with RMBS analytic software and data vendors (INTEX, CoreLogic);
- Prepare material for internal and external presentations and publications;
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data on special projects;
- Participate in meetings and on-site visits with debt issuers and their representatives, as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance or economics.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with financial models and financial data
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, presentation, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is essential. Advanced Excel and programming skills (R, Python, VBA) are preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize competing tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain accuracy of data.