- Posted :00:00
- Full time
Role/ Title: Operations Specialist
Department: Global New Issuance Desk
The Role: This role will be responsible for performing operational tasks throughout the rating process. This includes creating, managing and processing ratings related data, liaising and providing support to analysts’, ensuring compliance of processes & KPI’s in accordance with policies and procedures. Quality, accuracy and timeliness of the ratings information and its dissemination to the marketplace are critical within this role.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Performs operational tasks such as setting up workflow system jobs, managing interactions with team and performing documentation checks.
- Extracts data from internal and external documentation and accurately enters data and content into required systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness in accordance with pre-defined targets.
- Validates ratings information in systems and publications prior to rating release.
- Under supervision, performs tasks in support of the process for ancillary services. These tasks include: ensuring appropriate commercial documentation has been received, initiating and closing workflow jobs, and performing quality checks to ensure compliance.
- Supports ongoing records management activities and information gathering for audits / reviews as required.
The Career Opportunity: This is a visible role in the organization that will involve engagement with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The Team / The Business: The successful candidate will be part of the Global New Issuance Team Operations division of SP Global Ratings.
- At minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output.
- Must be confident, calm under pressure and possess influencing skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong technical skills with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit