SUMMARY: To assist the pharmacist and business with pharmacy related services. Provide a high level of customer service, display compassion and understanding. Great attitude when working with both customers and other staff members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions as defined by the ADA, except those that begin with the word “may”.)
- Conduct yourself in the most respectful and professional manner with all coworkers, pharmacy staff & customers at all times.
- Manage inventory of consumables and medication containers, which includes receiving and shipping.
- Assist with accurate distribution of medications, including register responsibilities.
- Communicate frequently with other staff members at the pharmacy.
- Make sure all paperwork is completed correctly
- Process delivery tickets correctly.
- Routine cleaning and maintenance to keep pharmacy in proper condition.
- Always communicate with customers with respect and professionalism.
- Continuous Training within several areas of pharmacy.
- Strong customer service skills
- Some computer and technical skills related to Windows and pharmacy specific software.
- Florida required pharmacy technician license, certification and/or registration
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong communication skills
- Small amounts of lifting
- Close vision with computer and paperwork
- Talking and hearing on constant basis
- Frequent and continuous walking and standing
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
- Pharmacy Technician: 1 year
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year
Required license or certification: FL Registered & Certified Pharmacy Technician
• Focuses on the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
• Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (i.e., Pick- Up, Drop-Off, Production) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
• Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
• Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with pharmacy staff, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
• Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Kings Pharmacy is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Kings Pharmacy prohibits discrimination and/or harassment against persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Full Service Retail Pharmacy with extensive compounding department, We have been at this location since 2002 this is a family business that started in 1922. Providing a high level of customer service, Customer Service oriented Retail Pharmacy, high quality compounds at competitive prices. We offer a great place to work and shop.