What youwill do
The Service& Installation Technician will install, test and program securitysystems, including installation of cable and conduit when required.
Servicerequired in this position may be to troubleshoot alarm panels, CCTV systems,and Card Access systems.
Thisposition may also (on occasion) be required to collaborate/supervise the workof sub-contractors.
How you willdo it
TheTechnician will be responsible for (if required):
- Surveyingsites prior to installation
- Bookingin/out of Operations centre
- Testingand commissioning of systems to Operations centre
-Installation and programming of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems
-Installation of cable and conduit
- Trainingof the end user
- Locate andalleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring
- Work on acustomer network
- Service,Install, and programming of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems
- Inspectionof existing systems
-Prioritizing service tickets and meeting various customer required SLA’s
- Managingand maintaining adequate and accurate inventory
What we lookfor
Required Minimum Education: High School diploma –Electronic Technician Certificateor Computer Networking Courses preferred
- Commitmentto upgrading and continuing their education
- Knowledgeof ULC requirements considered an asset
- Must becomputer literate, have TCP/IP networking ability and a knowledge of operatingsystems and Network security.
- FluentEnglish language written and verbal skills, demonstrated superior people andtelephone skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work wellunder pressure are essential
- Mechanicalaptitude and be able to use hand and power tools
- Theability to meet deadlines and commitments and to adjust/adapt to new ideas andprocedures is necessary
Other: -Valid driver’s license
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiariesare committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidatesand employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rightslegislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility forOntarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages ofthe recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating toaccommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODApolicies are available on the