State Operations Manager, Brisbane General Information
The Bolloré Group is one of the 500 largest companies in the world, it now holds strong positions in all its activities around three business lines, Transportation and Logistics, Communication, Electricity Storage and solutions.Bolloré Transport & Logistics is one of the world's leading transportation groups with 36,000 employees spread among 105 countries where it carries out its business activities in ports, freight forwarding, railways and in oil logistics Continuously adapting to the changing needs of its customers, Bolloré Logistics has enhanced its know-how to be recognized as a leading supply chain global provider, ranked among the 10 leading global groups in the sector, including the first integrated logistics network in Africa. Being part of Bolloré Logistics means engaging with an international and visionary Group. A Group that constantly embarks on new undertakings. A Group that invests and innovates. Job description Profile
Permanent contractLocation Job
Pacific, Australia, BrisbaneContract length Mission description
The State Operations Manager is responsible for air freight, sea freight and transportation operations, ensuring smooth management of operations and maximum level of customer satisfaction.Profile
Reporting to the State Manager you will be responsible for the management of the Freight forwarding & Transport operations, Managing a team of staff you will be totally responsible for the day to day operational management including the following:
• To manage operational and customer service job tasks as required
• To ensure the smooth management of the operations department
• Dedication to customer satisfaction and total quality management
• Responsibility for Air Freight, Sea Freight and Transport operations
• Tight operational control to ensure maximum efficiency and profit on shipments
This is a broad hands on Freight forwarding management role which will see you work closely with the Operational team / Customers to ensure service commitments are achieved as per contract agreements.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced Freight forwarding professional familiar with Transport operations with the capacity to build the existing business through process improvements.
• Extensive knowledge in all aspects of Freight Forwarding
• Knowledge of the local transport industry environment
• Demonstrate leadership and people skills
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with staff of various levels
• Ability to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
• Understanding of accounting procedures
• Ability to competently step into various roles as required.
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Sound computer skills
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,