Position: Field Services Manager
Reports to: Sr. Vice President
The Field Services Manager instills a highly client-focused and professional approach for our IT lifecycle services team. This position is vital contributor to two key aspects of our business; client satisfaction and the leadership of our lifecycle services team. The position is directly responsible for oversight of the lifecycle services team day-to-day activities, direction, development, and motivation to achieve performance objectives. The Field Services Manager must provide exceptional leadership, exercise sound judgment, communicate well, and demonstrate a strong personal desire to anticipate and exceed client expectations while developing these traits in others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Team Leadership: Motivate, develop, and manage team members to foster positive attitudes, exceptional customer service, and high-quality work performance. Promote team unity, collaboration, personal growth while balancing skillsets, workloads, and resources to achieve optimum team efficiency and performance.
· Client Satisfaction: Continually works in conjunction with other managers and teams to ensure performance expectations are met, issues are resolved in an efficiently, and all customers are highly satisfied.
· Communication: Serve in a central role to funnel information to appropriate team members, managers, departments, clients, and vendors in a timely and professional manner.
· Personnel Management: Schedule, oversee, and approve team work and labor hours, assess staffing needs and roles, interviewing/hiring, performance reviews, establish individual/team goals and areas of improvement, and identify/address/resolve individual and team issues in accordance with company policies.
· Operations Management: Develop and implement methods, guidelines, policies and procedures to improve and streamline operations. Responsible for procurement, maintenance, scheduling, allocation, prioritization, and efficient utilization of equipment, vehicles, facilities, and resources in conjunction of team activities.
· Process Improvement: Improve processes, policies, procedures, and documentation in support of organizational goals, formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies, procedures, documentation, and training to maximize productivity and efficiency, and monitor adherence to these policies and procedures.
· Project Coordination: Works in conjunctions with VP of Project Management, Project Managers, and Project Leads to develop/implement project plans, coordinate project timelines and resources, and oversee day-to-day project team activities and work performance.
· Rental Coordination: Interacts with sales and accounting to fulfill orders, coordinate rental/event details with clients, assign tickets/duties to appropriate team members, and ensure successful completion of each order.
· Sales Consultant/Liaison: Interface with sales team and clients to develop new opportunities, maintain client/partner relationships, and identify/resolve client related issues to foster high levels of client satisfaction.
· Accountable to Executive Team: Offers regular reports and collaborates with executive, sales, technical, and accounting teams to support continued improvement of business operations, performance, and growth.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience
· 5+ years’ experience managing teams in customer/end-user service-related roles
· Proven experience in team building, leadership, problem resolution, and process documentation
· Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adapt to varying levels of work volume within a dynamic environment
· Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
· In-depth knowledge and experience working with Microsoft applications such as Office 365/suite
· Clear criminal background and valid WI driver’s license with clean driving history
Work Schedule and Travel:
The Field Services Manager works primarily during normal business hours but is expected to monitor and oversee services activities to ensure proper fulfillment of our commitments. Work schedule may vary based on project needs and timelines to meet client requirements. Periodic overnight travel (5-10%). Normal business hours are 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday.Company Description
WHO WE ARE
Vanguard Computers, Inc. was established in 1982. Vanguard Computers is a Wisconsin based, women and minority-owned business that prides itself on the strength of its employees and vendor partnerships. Our main areas of focus are procurement, IT infrastructure management and lifecycle management services and solutions.
WHAT WE DO
Vanguard Computers ensures that your IT infrastructure will fit seamlessly and effectively into your environment. Partnering with leading IT solution providers, we can manage your technology from start-to-finish while offering technical expertise support and service excellence.
Vanguard Computers offers a comprehensive and relevant portfolio of solutions with flexible deployment options backed by the power of an experienced team. Our client- centric approach to IT infrastructure management enables us to become an extension of your organization.