SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Manager will be responsible for defining and communicating the strategic path for all assigned current and future products. This will entail being engaged in the day-to-day decisions regarding product development, product marketing, product releases and product sun-setting, as well as ensuring a successful customer experience with every product touch-point. The Product Manager will “own” the product, while working cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Accounting, Production and Operations, and other functional areas to ensure timely and seamless introduction of Systems and Solutions to the RF Technologies customer base.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Ensure product enhancements and new product development process is aligned with customer and industry needs. This will be done through the Product Manager directly gathering “Voice of Customer” feedback
· Provide leadership and direction across all business units to promote adherence to specification management that supports speed to market, operational efficiency, and achievement of revenue and profit goals.
· Collaborate with various departments to ensure product delivery and quality goals are achieved.
· Work with marketing and sales to develop and implement marketing and sales plans for new product introductions and ongoing strategic initiatives aimed at boosting market penetration and revenue.
· Develop and maintain a 3 to 4-year solutions roadmap.
· Manage products through the full life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and eventual decline (obsolescence).
· Provide product expertise and sales support on significant opportunities as needed.
· Identify product enhancements that balance a favorable return on investment with customer needs, and then present the business case to company leadership accordingly.
· Stay current on the competitive landscape, maintaining a competitor matrix for ongoing reference.
· Create product requirements and specifications, and lead regular cross-functional development project meetings from beginning through product rollout and post mortem analysis.
· Coordinate and lead internal training efforts for sales, technical support and any other impacted areas on any new products and existing products as deemed necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree, Technical Degree Preferred.
· Minimum 4-7 years’ experience in a Product Management role, preferably managing products for a healthcare vertical market (acute care or senior living)
· Proven experience managing a product portfolio with multiple product lines, including both software and electromechanical based products and systems.
· Must have experience conducting market research, gathering “Voice of Customer”, performing competitive analyses, and developing business cases and ROI analyses.
· Experience authoring detailed product requirements specifications that serve as a necessary input to the hardware and software development process and the development team.
· Previous experience interfacing with software architects and developers, preferably in an Agile environment.
· Exceptional program management skills are required with the proven ability to manage cross-functionally and hold people accountable.
· Proven ability to write case studies and white papers.
· Must be comfortable presenting in front of an audience.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think outside the box.
· Must be comfortable using MS Office Suite products, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
· Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
The candidate must be highly motivated and able to work very independently. The candidate will be able to effectively manage priorities and a high volume of initiatives with a genuine sense of urgency. He/she will be confident and assertive, establishing themselves as an expert in this marketplace and a strong leader in the organization. Excellent listening and verbal communication skills are required. The candidate must set the pace of his/her organization and set an example regarding work ethic, results and performance. Effectively communicating to every level of employee is critical. The candidate will thrive in the role of recruiting, coaching, training and mentoring. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fluid and changing environment and be able to maintain sight of the business goals regardless of those changes. Finally, excellent leadership presence and credibility together with creativity are required. Being able to build a dynamic, energetic and focused work environment is important.
CULTURAL & ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCES
The successful candidate must have proven experience working in an environment that is informal yet requires an appropriate level of discipline and process. Working in an environment that is lean and rewards initiative and responsiveness is critical. Having the confidence to make decisions and move forward without continual feedback or reassurance is important. Experience in an environment that is demanding in terms of volume of work and results is necessary. The candidate must bring a passion for the customer and understand how to build a customer driven team, doing so through his/her own example of behavior. Finally, being able to constructively challenge other leaders in the organization using fact-based rationale is important. Integrity, respect, persistence and openness are core to this organization.Company Description
RF Technologies, established in 1987, is a leading provider of comprehensive, integrated Safety and Security systems. With an installed base of more than 10,000 systems worldwide, RF Technologies specializes in state-of-the-art healthcare solutions for senior care facilities and hospitals. The PinPoint business unit "Help Alert" (panic alarms) are marketed to the hospitality and educational space. Our Mission: To safeguard our children, empower our elders, and protect our communities, together. (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com
RF Technologies has also expanded into mobile asset management, for both the healthcare environment, and specific commercial and industrial applications. The company is using that technology to position itself as a leading player in monitoring, tracking, protecting and locating assets.
RF Technologies is driving toward aggressive growth, implementing a strategy of value added, high margin business. The company is building a leadership team and infrastructure that will be critical to achieving the plan.
RF Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.