Under general supervision, position is responsible for, but not limited to, setup and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, inspection of machined features to maintain quality, machine adjustments, and changing perishable tooling. Reinforcement of the team orientated work philosophy is essential. Responsibilities executed in accordance with the mission philosophy and objectives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CNC and manual equipment to meet production requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring the speed of machine, meeting cycle time rates established for specific part numbers.
- Watches gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure proper machine performance.
- Measures and examines parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Maintains documentation logs for production and quality.
- Must be able to read and interpret machine shop blueprints.
- Must be able to accurately use measurement tools to include the following but not limited to; micrometers, vernier, height gage, bore gage, and attribute style gages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), supplemented by course works in machining, or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attention to detail, good eye-hand coordination
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; able to perform repetitive motions
- Experience in the following is a plus:
- Okuma MA600
- Okuma LT6000
- Tsugami Swiss Turning
- Citizen Swiss Turning
- Brother TC-S2B
- Okuma LB3000EX/LB4000EX
- Fastems Pallet Pool
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Stand for 8 to 12 hours, walk, bend, and perform basic motor skills. Lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Follow ergonomically correct postures for bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.Company Description
SOLUTIONS FOR CLEAN, SAFE WATER
Pentair is a leader in helping to manage the world’s precious water resources. We help businesses and communities better manage and treat their water supply — returning it safely to the environment or recovering and reusing it for other applications. We help make clean, safe water more available and affordable for drinking, recreation, residential applications, and commercial and industrial operations.