Brooklyn based steel fabrication company seeks experienced full-time shop and field welders. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate proper welding for steel up to 3/4" thick. You will be tested on your basic knowledge of welding as well as a coupon test.
The right candidate will be able to:
- Produce strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Demonstrate competence with all aspects of SMAW processes and equipment.
- Follow required procedures and use appropriate jigs, fixtures, blueprints and technical drawings to assist in the assembly process.
- Communicate effectively with other workers towards establishing goal oriented objectives while maintaining high quality results.
- Develop a sustained record of timely attendance, positive attitude and increased responsibility throughout all aspects of the job.
- Maintain an ability to weld flat and vertical with good penetration and appearance.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece in preparation for additional weld or complete finish.
- Position and clamp work pieces together according to and meeting all specified dimensions.
- Possess a high skill using oxygen/acetylene torches including precision beveled cuts.
- Incorporate mathematics including fractions and angles in to all aspects of work.
- Confidently use all measurement tools for fit-up, including tape measure, combination square, steel rule, level, chalk line, soap stone, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must possess adequate sight, hearing and use of limbs for all aspects of job.
- Able to work for periods of time while kneeling, crouching, crawling, lying down, overhead, climbing steps as well as the ability to work from a ladder.
- 401K, medical, dental, vision, vacations, holidays, sick days, uniforms, steel toe shoes, etc.
Please reply with resume and contact information.