The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will; maintain mechanic equipment, direct maintenance staff and coordinate logistics of equipment and supplies. Responsibilities will include the assembly, routine inspection, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems such as amusement rides, games, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, moving equipment and tools.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordination and participation in daily activities of the maintenance team to ensure safe operation of attractions, equipment and infrastructure.
- Objectives: minimum down time of attractions, maximizing productivity, optimizing maintenance costs and related labor cost.
- Planning, execution and control of preventive, routine and corrective maintenance of amusement rides, games and park infrastructure.
- Competence in the following technical fields: mechanical, hydraulic, Electro/Mechanical Systems and pneumatic systems.
- Amusement ride safety inspections, documentation audits, welder qualification, welding inspection/documentation, NDT services
- Amusement ride assembly, installation of auxiliary systems, testing and maintenance/operation training.
- Procurement of parts, supplies and third party services.
- Promote maintenance crew training, development and certification.
- Capital improvement projects, which may include budgeting, resource management, scheduling and execution. Provide technical advice to other departments.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, manager will assist and liaison with other departments of the company as deemed necessary.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical systems and industrial systems (bearings, drives, gearboxes, lifts, chains, belts, motors and pumps).
Basic electrical knowledge and understanding. AIMS or NAARSO certifications a plus
Applicable 4-year degree in mechanical or industrial Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
Hydraulics/pneumatics Applicable Safety Codes and Standards. Ability to read schematics.
Accepted Industry Practices Electrical systems (U.S. and European) Inspection practices/procedures, ride Non-Destructive testing. Welding practices/proceduresCompany Description
Take on the literal roller coaster ride of your life by working at Zamperla INC. A quickie snapshot of the overall organization reveals that our parent company is the major Italian ride manufacturer, Zamperla. Those guys have been making rides for so long that they decided to get in on the magic of operating the rides they make. Thus, Central Amusement International (CAI) entered the domestic amusement space. CAI first opened up shop in Central Park in 2003. The wintertime space of Wollman's Rink transforms in the summer to Victorian Gardens. After kicking butt for a few years in Manhattan, CAI took it to the streets of Brooklyn. Opening in 2010, Luna Park, whose namesake comes from the historical park that operated from 1903 to 1944, was built in a short 100 days.
Something cool to note is that we have got something new to talk about every year. That makes for easy and fun content instead of having to pull teeth to be creative. If you are looking for a reason to submit to our department and organization, think about the crazy, awesome, time-tested destination that Coney Island represents. There is no end to the creativity. Help us connect with New Yorkers in creating smiles, fun, and laughter.