Xchange Telecom/Skywire networks is now hiring Wireless Support/Cabling Technicians for immediate positions. These positions are located in Brooklyn, NY.
- Experience with drilling into buildings
- Experience Pulling, Terminating, and Testing Voice/Data Cabling
- Experience working Structured Cabling projects with multiple drops
- Experience working low voltage projects.
- Installing Support Structures and J-Hooks
- Understanding of WiFi/Wimax technology a plus.
- Testing/Troubleshooting network issues (Connectivity, other Low Voltage Cable associated issues)
- Terminating Cat 5/5e/6/7 Voice Data Cable into: Jacks, 66-110 Blocks, and Patch Panels
- Dressing Communication Closets/IDF’s
- Experience with Pulling, Terminating, and Testing of both Cat5 & Fiber Optics is a desired
- Wireless Access Point (WAP), wireless router, and roof mounted antenna install experience
Wireless Support Technician / Wireless Technician/ Cabling Technician
- Recent experience in field
- Good customer facing presentation
- Ability to climb onto roofs for installations
- MUST have valid NY State driver’s license
- Candidates will be required to take a Pre-Employment Drug Screen & Background Check
Job TypeInformation Technology
Required Travel only Brooklyn localCompany Description
Xchange Telecom is a facilities-based CLEC and ISP, operating a telephone network in the New York-New Jersey markets. We have over 20,000 customers on both POTS and VOIP lines, and run a multiple location based fiber, wireless and copper network.
Xchange offers health care, vacation, technical training as needed, and other benefits. Xchange is an equal opportunity employer.