QTA Machining, Inc - About Us:
QTA Machining is a precision machine shop located in the heart of Buffalo, in close proximity to the I-190. The company currently has a wide array of CNC machines, employs 20+ employees, and operates in an ISO-9001:2015 certified quality environment.
The work we do varies in size and volume, from small parts (<1”) to large (~35” OD), from prototypes to production runs, all at different levels of difficulty and tolerances.
CNC Machinery consist of Lathes, Mills (4-axis), EDM, OD/ID Grinder (see website for updated facilities list)
Production Manager - Responsibilities:
1. Proficient in Blue Print reading, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), with attention to detailed specifications.
2. Supervise and support all production personnel in the programming/setup/operation of all production machines for complex/critical jobs
3. Conform to all Quality requirements per the company ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System.
4. Dispose of non-conforming material, as it is identified throughout the manufacturing process, and accurately complete customer deviation requests, as they arise.
5. Ensure that job time standards and process requirements are met in an efficient manner.
6. Assign production personnel to various machines and jobs based on the company dispatch lists.
7. Work toward better, more efficient and effective productive systems and/or procedures.
8. Take proper care of machinery, gages, and tooling to ensure their good operating condition, including managing and coordinating Preventative Maintenance.
9. Purchase, manage, and disperse tooling for all jobs.
10. Balances employee time cards to accurately account for Direct Labor on a daily basis.
11. Engaged in and contributes to periodic production related meetings.
12. Interview and provide feedback on production related candidates.
13. Periodically evaluate and establish goals for all production employees through the company review process.
14. Demonstrates leadership ability and effective communication throughout the company.
15. Observe health and safety rules per the company Health & Safety Manual; maintain a clean and safe work area, and report hazardous conditions, practices, and accidents.
16. Assist the Operations Manager with daily managerial tasks and other duties where needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
Full-time Direct Hire
1st Shift Available
$25+ per hour, based on skill-set and experience
Medical Benefits, after 60 Days of Employment (single coverage paid in full by company*)
$3,500 Annual Bonus if Medical Benefits are declined (prorated, paid weekly)
401K Employer Match (eligibility after one year)
Flexible Work Schedule (Mon-Thurs, 10-hour days)
9 Paid Holidays
Quarterly Performance Bonus (based on company and individual metrics)
* 2017 Independent Health iDirect Silver Copay HSAQ ($1,750 deductible)