Our client is a Higher
Education Technology company with over eight years of experience in helping higher education institutions globally better engage their students, improve their campuses' student life experience, and ensure that they ultimately provide success for their students. They are a team deeply committed to improving student success and college graduation rates worldwide by crafting digital experiences that build community and increase student engagement.
They work with over 300 higher education institutions globally;
They work with over 300 higher education institutions globally; they have a diverse and world-class team poised for their next phase of rapid growth.
As a Senior Full-Stack Web Engineer, you will primarily work on Inform and Connect Products, which are critical components that enable university administrators to configure, manage, and obtain insights from the core platform.
You will help lead a team of talented and highly collaborative engineers to ensure that the web-based product is scalable, maintainable, a delight to use, and provides the most value to customers.
In terms of the role responsibilities, you will:
- Work on the web-based administrator app that helps universities manage the mobile platform built in Angular 9
- Help lead the team of engineers to craft high-quality software with predictable, healthy agile processes.
- Work with the Product Manager on the squad to ensure productive, fast-moving sprints that deliver the maximum value to our customers.
- Work with the Design team to ensure that their web product is user-friendly and highly polished.
- Help improve the web technology architecture and ensure the reliability and flexibility of our stack as we scale
- Work on the back-end platform components that power the web application (Python-based REST API)
- Help to improve the team processes of the engineering team continuously.
You have the following qualifications:
- Have at least seven years experience with front-end and web development
- Have extensive experience with Angular v4+ based web applications and the angular ecosystem, CLI, Nx, schematics.
- Have experience with NgRx or other Redux like state management library
- Have experience working with async code and libraries like RxJS
- Have extensive experience building and maintaining business-critical web applications at scale, including the build and deployment process
- Have experience worked with and led a remote or distributed team
- Have extensive experience working with various APIs (e.g. REST)
- Have experience implementing API back-ends based on Python or similar languages
- Have experience working with Git-based version control and within a pull/merge request based collaboration process
- Have good writing and verbal communication skills, with experience working in a remote or distributed team environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience administrating Linux-based servers or VMs
Experience with other JS frameworks
Experience working with AWS cloud services
Experience working with Ansible or related DevOps tools
This is a full time, remote position anywhere in North America