The focus for this role will be working with individuals of all levels and abilities who are interested in taking an active role in improving their health, increasing their physical fitness, and optimizing their performance. Our Strength and Conditioning Coaches take an active role in the delivery of private coaching, small and large group training as well as providing leadership and support to variety of program areas. As an evolving organization, this role requires initiative and a strong ability to be self-motivated while continuing to support the Fortius Fitness and Performance Centre vision.
- Take direction from the Strength & Conditioning Management Team on all issues relating to the development and delivery of training programs and services;
- Develop and deliver individual and group training programs for clients of all ages and abilities based on their goals and experience;
- Engage with Fitness & Performance Centre members and clients with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and customer service oriented approach;
- Incorporate results of functional, physiological and biomechanical assessments into client and team training programs;
- Be knowledgeable about all disciplines and programs at Fortius so as to be able to conduct introductory consultations for prospective members and clients and guide them in the process of achieving their objectives;
- Prepare and deliver educational seminars on a variety of health and fitness conditioning topics for a diverse clientele;
- Integrate and work collaboratively with Strength & Conditioning colleagues and other members of the Fortius Practitioner team (physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, dietitians, performance vision, hydrotherapist, etc.);
- Assist Fortius’ business development efforts by pursuing new contacts and clients;
- Actively participate in departmental meetings and staff training sessions to improve the Fortius Strength and Conditioning department’s systems and processes and standard of delivery. .
- Post-secondary education (preferably a Master’s) with a focus on Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sports Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a practicing Strength & Conditioning Coach in a multi-disciplinary environment, coaching individuals, teams and groups;
- An understanding of the Long Term Athlete Development and Youth Physical Development Models as well as experience coaching youth ages 11-16;
- Current strength and conditioning credentials are expected (i.e CSCS, ASCC, ASCA);
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications;
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Additional certifications would be considered assets (i.e. CSEP-CEP, ACSM-CEP, ISAK, Pilates, USAW, BWL).
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted Fitness & Performance Centre membership and access to team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- Central convenient location with free parking and/or easy access to public transit
- May be eligible for coverage under our comprehensive benefits plan
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.