Jr. Research Technologist
Manpower is currently seeking a Jr. Research Technologist to fulfill a temporary contract position in Calgary.
The successful candidate will join the Ethylene Technology R&D Team. The role will be responsible for performing bench-scale solid-state catalyst synthesis and related work-up steps to prepare catalyst samples for evaluation.
* Execute catalyst synthesis work in a laboratory environment;
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of catalyst performance and workflow processes;
* Ensure accuracy of results, identify unusual trends, troubleshoot possible causes, recommend and take agreed-upon corrective actions;
* Maintain complete and accurate records of experimental work
* Provide interpretation of results and communicate findings in a timely manner
* Contribute to technical reports, presentations, and intellectual property submissions
* Submit samples into and retrieve data from the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
* Collaborate and coordinate with other project work streams to ensure project deliverables and deadlines are met
* Perform equipment modifications in accordance with the Management of Change (MOC) procedure
* Interpret and follow internal Standard Operating Procedures and Codes of Practices;
* Ensure all work is done in compliance with standards and demonstrate the ability to work safely with chemicals, dust, heat, cryogenics and pressure
* MSc of Chemistry with 1 - 3 years of related practical experience is required
* Experience with heterogeneous catalyst synthesis is preferred
* Strong ability to handle changing priorities, and excellent time management skills
* Be a critical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
* Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail
* Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Applicant must work well in a team setting, while also being self-driven to work independently
* Strong working knowledge of PC software such as Outlook, Word and Excel
Please email your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or .
Even if this one might not be the one for you, please do not hesitate to send your email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and let one of our Talents Management Consultants connect with you about our other opportunities, or visit our web page at manpowerab.com and check out our current open positions.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).
Jr. Research Technologist