Perform duties under direct supervision and follows standard procedures or oral instructions to accomplish assigned tasks, duties, and problems are standardized and routine, more complex issues are referred to senior team members. Performs basic clerical accounting functions pertaining to invoicing and cash application to customer account balances; ensures information received is entered into the system accurately on a timely basis.Responsibilities
- Applies customer remittances to outstanding receivable balances; enters data into the accounting system to apply receipts to customer accounts; posts entries to record insufficient (NSF) checks, refunds, reapplications of funds, and settlements, as needed; verifies accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received; reviews and verifies all daily batch proof reports and suspense register, and makes corrections as needed.
- Reviews account information to identify discrepancies and disputes with customers making appropriate charge-backs and claims for review by other departments.
- Prepares and maintains reconciliations of all account receivable balances; submits reconciliations, associated supporting documents and any adjusting journal entries to supervisor for approval.
- Cross-trains with other team members to assist with work overflow or to fill in as needed in their absence.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent and 2 years work experience in one of the following related areas accounting, accounts payable/receivable, credit, book keeping.
- Ability to perform basic math calculation to include fractions, percentages, interest and rounding.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounts Receivable, department and company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Basic PC skill level using the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail, etc.
- Working knowledge of all department specific software and database systems.
- Good, oral written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow written and oral instructions to complete task accurately and in a timely manner, with minimum supervision
- Ability to pay attention to details, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States