Responsible for accurately recording audits daily totals in a timely manner, thereby ensuring smooth and efficient operations in the Revenue Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
- Prepares journal entries; tracks coupons used on property; sorts and records complimentary receipts.
- Reconciles accounts on a regular basis.
- Assists with the monitoring of all financial activities on property, with respect to Revenue Accounting, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Commissions, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the Revenue Accounting Department.
- Evaluates various situations, with respect to Revenue Audits, and determines how best to handle same.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Ensures to a high degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Some college courses in accounting or related area preferred.
Must possess effective communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Experience with audits preferred. Must be extremely numbers-oriented, proficient with 10 key by touch and computer-literate with proficiency in Excel. Must be able to pass a proficiency test in Microsoft Excel and 10 Key. Must be of legal age to enter gaming areas.
Ability to comprehend basic instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Team Member is regularly exposed to risk of radiation (from computers), as a great deal of the workday is spent working on spreadsheets or inputting data into the computer system.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, becoming loud on the casino floor. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.