FRONT OFFICE AGENT: The Front Office Agent's primary responsibilities are to promote and ensure guest satisfaction and deliver prompt, courteous service. This position assists in maintaining all aspects of the Front Office areas and serves as a support to the Front Office Management team (and Concierge, Bell Staff, Door/Valet Staff, Transportation Staff, and Night Audit Staff). Provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in accordance with established scripting and standards. Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction. Position will be required to work varied schedule that may include evenings, nights and weekends. The Front Desk Agent is accountable for maintaining established standards and controlling expenses in his/her area. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue. Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take reservations and assist staff with job functions. The Front of Agent will act as a Guest Service Attendant therefore, assist with carrying guest luggage as part of the personalization and rapport building with the guest. May be responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring the security of keys. Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.). Maintain a commitment to consistently provide friendly service, and consistently providing the highest quality product and value to every customer on every occasion. Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Provide a check-in/check-out environment and hotel experience for VIP and special key guests that distinguishes our brand from the competition and delivers superior service and value. Must work as a team player and support one another as partners in the achievements of common goals, including Guest Satisfaction; Associate Satisfaction; Financial Success and a Safe Environment. The Front Office Agent will report directly to the Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Must have guest service experience minimum of 1 year, preferably in hotel industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and MUST possess strong leadership, communication and relationship skills. (Must have clear, concise verbal & written communication skills.)
- Must be guest service focused, and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Previous cash handling experience is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel and Power point is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Must work well with others, be motivated, and display a positive energetic persona.
- The job requirements of the successful candidate will be a self starter with a strong eye for details, results driven, possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, and be a mentor.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, must be able to multi task, have outstanding attitude, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management.
- Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible.
- Must have a flexible schedule, and required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Directly on the bay, and in the heart of Monterey's historic Cannery Row, InterContinental The Clement Monterey Hotel offers magnificent panoramic coastal views and luxurious interior decor.
The hotel is located next to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on historic Cannery Row. The hotel features a boardwalk and observation pier providing views down to the underwater world of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
The hotel is comprised of two four-story buildings connected by an enclosed bridge over Cannery Row. Hotel parking is provided in a separate four-level garage structure.