A Procurement Manager-Direct Materials has the responsibility to know the accepted business purchasing methods and know the purchasing policies and procedures of this organization. Reporting directly to the Head of Purchasing, the Purchasing Manager has the responsibility of the buyer to conduct all business in accordance first with the policies and procedures of this organization, but if a subject is not covered by those policies and procedures then to act in accordance with the best business purchasing standards. The Purchasing Manager-Direct Materials will work extensively with Marketing, Operations and other departments with the commercialization of new products.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Designs, implements, manage, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
- Innovation project management; commercialization of products.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Directs and coordinates activities of department for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Previous experience in purchasing, buying and/or procurement preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Experience leading/supervising a team.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task in fast-paced sometimes pressured situations.
- Able to set and meet multiple and simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to be an effective team player.
4-year degree in logistics, supply chain or related major
Years of Experience:
5+ years’ experience in purchasing with 2 or more years in supervisor/manager roleCompany Description
GT's Kombucha combines the wisdom of ancient medicinal foods with modern day resources to create products that uplift and enlighten the health of all those who enjoy them. We proudly make living food for the living body, as GT's Living Foods.
Our #1 selling Kombucha recipes are 100% raw and organic, vegan, gluten free, and non-GMO, with billions of living probiotics that support a healthy immune system. We're dedicated to maintaining the sacred art of a handcrafted, small batch brewing technique to give our customers the highest quality offerings.
Mission: At GT’s Living Foods, we believe that food can be your medicine or your poison. That’s why we’re dedicated to handcrafting products that are 100% raw, organic, and rich with living probiotics. It is our purpose is to bring Beautiful Living Things together, helping people live happier, healthier lives.
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Furthermore, the company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.