Summary of Position:
The Lathe Setup/ Machinist sets up and operates CNC turning machines to produce precision parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Lathe Setup/ Machinist is fully capable to perform set up on several types of CNC turning machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understands and sets controls to regulate turning factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
· Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes, to find machine work offsets.
· Runs parts that meet engineering specifications.
· Reads, understands and interprets engineering and manufacturing drawings. Strong working knowledge of GD&T.
· Follows instructions on set up sheets and Travelers.
· Knows optimal cutting techniques, speeds, and feeds.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and informs Manufacturing Manager of discrepancies.
· Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using all measuring tools.
· Recognizes machine deviation versus cutter or holding problems and fix problems prior to informing supervisor.
· Thoroughly inspects first part run with high end complexity.
· Meets or improves job standard times and efficiency.
· Documents set-up time and run-time actuals on the traveler.
· Ensure part count and data entry is accurate and correct consistently.
· Accurately completes and maintains all paperwork.
· Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
· Solves complex problems without supervision, as well as solves all routine problems that occur.
· Trains and mentors lesser skilled CNC Lathe machinists and operators.Company Description
Alpha Aviation Components, Inc. provides high precision machined components and assemblies for the aircraft, aerospace, commercial, and medical industries.
Pay / wages are according to skills, experience, knowledge quality performance, accuracy and efficiency.