Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES TISSUE GROUP
The Tissue Group, a division of Cascades, is the second-largest tissue producer in Canada and the fifth-largest in North America. The Division manufactures, converts and markets a huge selection of paper products, such as hand towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, wipers and dispensers for the North American away-from-home and consumer products markets. The Group has more than 2,200 employees and operates seven manufacturing plants, nine conversion plants and four plants with both manufacturing and conversion facilities.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Legal Affairs and in collaboration with the Vice President, Finance and Administration, the Director, Legal Affairs and the Legal Counsel, the Legal and Administrative Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Draft, transcribe, complete and correct contracts, agreements and other legal documents generated and/or revised by the Legal Department (English and French versions);
- Formatting and effectively presenting the analysis, training or documentation of certain legal issues or concepts;
- Ensure rigorous and efficient document management (paper and electronic) for the entire legal department and monitor the versions and signatures of all documents generated by the legal department, including the management of originals;
- Take charge of the opening, follow-up, closing and archiving of the legal department's files in accordance with the standards established by the Quebec Bar and internal policies;
- Maintain up-to-date versions of the intellectual property management tools provided by our external law firms and the general legal documentation used by the Legal Department;
- Organize and follow up on agendas (litigation, negotiations, meetings, etc.) and plan team members' travel outside the head office;
- Optimize, maintain and share best practices in office automation and work organization, including the migration to a "paperless" approach;
- Conduct research at the Land Registry, RDPRM, CIDREQ, OPIC and USPTO.
Finance and Administration :
- Organize and follow up on agendas and plan team members' travel outside the head office;
- Prepare various administrative claims (expense accounts, medical expenses and other requests);
- Manage the invoicing received from external consultants, have them approved and forward them to accounts payable, including the creation of purchase order requisitions;
- Support for budget and other presentations;
- Compiling data;
- Organize and file month-end files electronically
- Possess between 5-7 years of relevant experience;
- Organization, attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Discretion and discretion;
- Fluently bilingual in spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent command of Word and Excel software;
- Good knowledge of Excel and Power Point;
- Knowledge of Workshare Compare and ACT software would be an asset.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.