Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
Clinical Dietitian I provide services in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting as assigned. Prepares and implements nutritional assessments with care plans for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in accordance with departmental policy and standards of care. Prioritizes patients at high risk by utilizing the multi-patient task list, MD consult/referral or by other means available. Initiates medical nutrition therapy interventions as part of the patient's individual plan of care.
Incorporates current evidence-based research into clinical practice. Acts as a liaison between the Nutritional Services Department and the Medical Staff, Nursing Staff and other Ancillary Departments. Responsibilities involve providing nutritional counseling to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, families, and others as requested.
1. Bachelor's degree in Foods and Nutrition related subject matter, and Dietetic Internship or equivalent training.
2. Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
3. Current licensure as a Dietitian in the State of Georgia.
4. Competent and efficient use of computers 5.
Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
6. Demonstrated knowledge of adult/parent (and/or children as needed) education principles.
7. Good written and oral communication skills.
1. Two (2) years experience in clinical dietetics with broad areas of expertise preferred.
(If this job is in fact in your jurisdiction, then you may be using a Proxy or VPN to access this site, and to progress further, you should change your connectivity to another mobile device or PC).