The billing specialists is responsible for entering and posting charges.
· Entry of daily patient encounters into MBS WIN in order to create charges to bill.
· Submission of paper and electronic claims and patient statements.
· Posting of payments and adjustments as notated by correspondence received or information received via telephone calls.
· Follow-up outstanding and denied claims.
· Utilizing correspondence received and system generated reports.
· Answering billing questions and accepting patient payments over the phone.
· Assisting front staff with questions on patient balances and accounts.
· Communicate with the patient and maintain professionalism.
· Distributing faxes that are received at the office.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary/or standing position for 75% of the time.
· The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery.
· Constantly operates a computer and other productivity machinery.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with patients who have inquiries about our services, their care, or accounts. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
· This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; this is subject to change at any time.