Location: Cape Girardeau
Big River Communications, a growing company providing high speed internet and telephone service, is seeking an Installer Technician.
Under general supervision, perform basic installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and commercial customers for Big River services. Perform basic customer premise troubleshooting to customer’s electronic devices. Educate customers regarding their existing and new services, inform them about other Big River services, and propose solutions to customer problems. Work outside on customer’s premise or within customer’s home or business.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requisition equipment and supplies, stock vehicle and maintain company truck.
- Perform basic installations, disconnects, reconnects, service upgrades and downgrades, and relocates for residential single family, multi-family and/or multi-dwelling units
- Testing and troubleshooting Big River services to customer electronic equipment.
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, inventory checks, gas sheets as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with customers and employees in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a straight-forward and professional manner
- Be able to follow detailed instructions and complete all tasks in an efficient manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to use the following hand tools electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories (all within our 7 county coverage area) and company facilities
- Ability to work outside for extended periods in any season and/or during inclement weather
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- This position works face to face with customers
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work performed at various heights
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Occasionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Available
- Growth Potential
To apply for this position, please send resume to address below:
Big River Communications
24 S Minnesota
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)