Prinova is a leading global supplier of ingredients and manufacturing solutions for the food, beverage and nutrition industries. By leveraging our broad in-house array of capabilities as well as years of industry expertise, we support our customers throughout the entire development process, taking their product or formulation idea from concept to completion. As a single-source partner, we strive to provide our customers with the utmost simplicity and flexibility in all their processes.
At Prinova, we pride ourselves on hiring individuals who are innovative thinkers with diverse backgrounds. Our culture is based on the FISH! philosophy, which encourages four simple practices: Be There, Play, Make Their Day, and Choose Your Attitude!
Regulatory Compliance Specialist III
Location: Carol Stream, IL
This position provides insight to help determine company decisions associated with Food Labeling Regulations, Raw Materials Data Management and new product launches based on extensive knowledge of Food Regulations. The Regulatory Compliance Specialist III plays a key role in maintaining an effectively functioning Regulatory Team. This role supports Prinova’s Flavors Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research and interpret of vendor data, internal systems and various government on-line sites to gather and compile information in response to customer inquiries.
- Determine product suitability and perform formula analysis
- Research of International, Federal, State, local and internal regulatory requirements
- Review and evaluate of data for creation and maintenance of databases to support Raw Materials Data Management.
- Lead and implement data updates utilizing multiple computer platforms.
- Independently format, create, evaluate, validate and author regulatory documents.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging food regulations.
- Understand rules set out by government and certifying organizations including, but not limited to GMO, Kosher, Halal and Organic.
- Simultaneously manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in Regulatory and provides solutions to improve the Regulatory Team.
- Use of independent judgement during customer and cross functional team interactions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must come in and make an immediate contribution to the regulatory team. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Food Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry or other science discipline.
A minimum 5 years of Food Regulatory and Labeling experience.
A minimum of 3 years of experience independently managing the regulatory requirements for a product line.
Experience with Food Flavors is a plus.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external customers in both verbal and written situations.
Strong English writing skills.
Ability to read, understand and interpret regulatory information and requests.
College mathematics required.
Ability to make educated judgments on correctness, accuracy, and appropriateness of information presented. Must be able to prioritize and make decisions and recommendations that align with current regulations.
Must be able to create and maintain systems for the management of multiple projects.
Attention to Detail
Must continually demonstrate very strong attention to detail, careful execution of tasks, and regularly validate work prior to submission.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to extract and analyze data. The individual should have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
It is the responsibility of each employee to comply with occupational safety and health standards issued under OSHA and to follow all rules, regulations, and procedures established by the Company to ensure that their actions do not impact the health and safety of themselves or others.Company Description
As one of the world's largest distributors of functional ingredients and a provider of nutrient premixes, Prinova creates value for global food, beverage and supplement manufacturers.