English Language Teacher/EFL
Listed on 2023-11-19
Position: English Language Teacher (EFL) at English Excel in Hong Kong They are a British-owned company that was founded in 2000. They have twelve English language learning centres across Hong Kong and provide a high-quality learning environment for their students. They specialise in providing a high-quality, interactive and nurturing learning environment for students. Their classes offer an immersive English experience that is strongly geared towards oral interaction as well as reading and writing. Their aim is for students to go out in the world and use their English in social and professional interactions as well as gain their qualifications in English. They limit class sizes to a maximum of 4 students; this provides an ideal learning and teaching environment for students but it also provides them with the opportunity to work on developing their students’ self-confidence as well as their English. Due to the small class sizes, they can place students according to their level of English rather than their age. They are also a registered Trinity College London Examination Centre. Their students enrol for a variety of reasons, here are some of the most common: * Practice English * Improve confidence in speaking English * Prepare for primary and secondary school interviews – often there’s a part of the interview requiring children to speak in English. * Learn phonics * Improve reading, writing and grammar * Have fun, meet with westerners and take away the scare factor that westerners can sometimes be perceived to have! They are looking for passionate and enthusiastic teachers to work in one of their twelve schools as part of a small team. If you are successful, you will be responsible for teaching, planning and preparing lessons, and for completing related admin. They offer a comprehensive and supportive induction program to their new teachers with plenty of opportunities to develop their professional skills, including curriculum development. They offer a supportive working environment from the minute you accept a position; they will also help and advise you through the visa process and practical consideration before your arrival. Once you arrive they will support you with getting to grips with life in Hong Kong and they also have senior teachers who can take on a mentoring role for less experienced teachers. As their ethos is consistency for their students, the contracts are a minimum of 12 to 14 months. Requirements Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent (A to C including Maths and English) Bachelor’s degree Minimum of 120-hrs TEFL certificate
Experience is preferable but not essential.
Additional Benefits Monthly salary (starting) HK$20,000 which increases once you have been employed for 6 months. Retirement benefit HK$1,000 Completion gratuity bonus of HK$12,000 Affordable accommodation is provided for the duration of your contract on Hong Kong Island (optional). Employer-sponsored Work Visa arranged Airport meet, greet & transportation Comprehensive training and induction Ongoing professional development Salary advances - You really can come out to Hong Kong with no more than £100 in your wallet! They offer lots of opportunities for career advancement and promotion. Many of their teachers go on to become senior teachers/part of the management team and stay with them far longer than they initially intended! They support skill development in various ways. Providing lots of help and support for new, less experienced teachers, with a mentoring scheme, where they pair you up with a more experienced teacher.
• You will be asked to confirm a login password so to be able to make further applications in future visits.
• Once registered, you may also save CV / Resume summary details into the optional Resume format (This default format is easy for companies to read, and when available, it is sent as part of your application to a company to assist your application).
• Alternatively or additionally, you may attach your own original Resume document and 2 other supporting files as part of your application (Those files must be within the maximum combined size stated, and are not stored on this jobsite when you submit them).
• You must write or paste an introduction / cover letter into the application box.
• When you click the "Apply" button, your cover letter, Resume summary (if you have saved one on this site), contact details, and/or your own attached files are submitted as part of your application.
• Once you submit an application for any job on this site, it is solely the responsibility and decision of the company or employer you have applied to on whether they accept, review, process or respond to that application.